San Francisco, CA, February 25, 2016 – With today’s mobile and global population, it is rare to find a one-owner home, particularly one built in 1924. That’s exactly what Todd and Kim Wiley discovered when they listed the residence at 244 Westlake Avenue in Daly City.

Otho and Lydia Talbott bought the brand new home in 1924 for their young and growing family. Otho, who had moved by covered wagon from Kansas to California in the 1880s, was a mining engineer spending much of his time in South America.

William Talbott, son of Otho and Lydia, grew up at 244 Westlake and graduated from Jefferson High School in 1939. He was drafted in 1942 and served in Australia, New Guinea, the Philippines, Okinawa and Japan. He returned to San Francisco by aircraft carrier in 1945, sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge along with 10,000 other GIs to cheering and grateful crowds on Christmas Day.

William purchased the adjacent property at 232 Westlake in 1947 for $1,000, where he eventually built a large garage that spans both lots. That home was originally built of wood delivered by horse-drawn wagons in 1910, where the Scheppi family lived until 1949. The front door for that house is still stored in the garage.

Lydia Talbott continued to live at 244 Westlake until 1982. She was well known around the neighborhood for her neat and colorful garden and bright-orange California poppies, until local police stated that she was growing opiates, and needed to remove them.

Since then, the house has been inhabited sporadically by various family members. Oliver Talbott, Otho & Lydia’s grandson, lived there while awaiting induction into the US Marine Corps in 2002. William returned in 2007, to spend his final years in his home until his death in 2011. The home has since been lightly modernized although many authentic details remain. It is believed to be the only one in Daly City still owned by its original buyers.

The well-maintained bungalow has two bedrooms and two full baths with a large living room, formal dining room, eat-in kitchen and three bonus rooms downstairs. It is situated on a 3,700 square-foot lot; the adjacent lot is 2,500 square feet. The garage, which spans both lots, is ideal for a workshop, storage or studio. The original home can be enlarged, an additional home added on the second lot, or many other possibilities.

The home is offered at $798,000 by Todd and Kim Wiley. For more information and a photographic tour, please visit the website at www.1House2Lots.com or call Kim at 415.519.5595 or Todd at 415.317.5888.

About Zephyr Real Estate

Founded in 1978, Zephyr Real Estate is San Francisco’s largest independent real estate firm with nearly $2.3 billion in gross sales and a current roster of more than 300 full-time agents. Zephyr’s highly-visited website has earned two web design awards, including the prestigious Interactive Media Award. Zephyr Real Estate is a member of the international relocation network, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World; the luxury real estate network, Who’s Who in Luxury Real Estate; global luxury affiliate, Mayfair International; and local luxury marketing association, the Luxury Marketing Council of San Francisco. Zephyr has six offices in San Francisco, a brand new office in Greenbrae, and two brokerage affiliates in Sonoma County, all strategically positioned to serve a large customer base throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information, visit www.ZephyrRE.com.